Friday, March 30, 2007

5 Star Food Poisoning

5 Star Food Poisoning



Varadero Beach: Iberostar Varadero: "be careful of the food!!"
dddVancouver, vancouver  Jan 9, 2007
 

My experience with this property took place in: December, 2006 Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?  probably not My ratings for this hotel are:

Value Rooms Location Cleanliness Check in / front desk Service Business service I recommend this hotel for:  Older travelers

I do not recommend this hotel for:  Young singles, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Pet owners, Families with teenagers

I selected this hotel because ...  Beach / Sun

My age: 25-34 Traveling group: Spouse / significant other My visit was for: Romantic getaway My fiance and I stayed from Nov25 to Dec3. I tried to make the best of this vacation but it did not turn out as planned. This was supposed to be a romantic vacation (my fiance proposed to me here!!) We have been all over Mexico and it is way better than Cuba!!!
First lets start off with the food. My fiance got the worst food poisoning I have ever seen. He did not eat anything out of the ordinary. He was so violently ill I had to get medics to come to our room. We spent $100ccp (which is like $125 canadian!!!) and 2 days locked in our room. We could not even order room service because it was not available at the time. Also...bottled water was $4 canadian!!

If you are a young traveller this is not the place for you. There is not much of a night life and it is very expensive for things.
I did find the locals very nice though except for in havana. We where followed for 2 hours by a local trying to sell cigars and he was later arrested for following us yet we did not even report him!! (weird)...also many young women asked me to go to the store and buy them milk. She told me they would be arrested for taking money. I went to buy them food and milk and later saw her returning the goods for cash and paying the cashier for the service!! Was also pulled over by the police while driving and was not let go for an hour until I paid him $30 ccp. We are not too flashy but I guess they could tell we had $$....Do not wear jewellery or carry fancy cameras while in havana.

Many people have recommended me to cuba. But if you are a seasoned traveller and have been to 5***** resorts in Mexico this does not measure up at all. Especially in comparison to Cancun.

I would recommend saving your money and going to the Mayan Riviera or Dominican Republic.

But!!!!!!! The beaches where beautiful :)
This TripAdvisor Member: 
Liked: beach
Disliked: food
Tips/Secrets: bring some cigars home :)
____________________________________________

Tomas Estrada-Palma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home