Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tonight's Special: Cockroach Cluster

Tonight's Special: Cockroach Cluster


Traveler rating:

Varadero Beach: Sol Cayo Santa Maria: "Beware of the cockroaches crawling on the walls in the 'Santa Maria' buffet"
Venus7, Milton  Oct 18, 2006

My experience with this property took place in:
August, 2006

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?  no way!

I recommend this hotel for:  Great pool scene.

I do not recommend this hotel for:  Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists
I selected this hotel because ...  Beach / Sun, Great food / Wine

My age: 35-49


Traveling group: Spouse / significant other

My visit was for: Romantic getaway

This was our first trip together my spouse and I; with a rating of 4.5 star we expected to enjoy the resort however due to the services and cockroaches; I would not advise anyone to go to this location. I have travelled myself quite a lot over the years to Varadero, Holguin and recently Santa Clara "Melia Cayo Santa Maria" hotel. I have travelled to 3 star hotels and have never seen a cockroach in any dining room. I was totally disgusted and it really killed my appetite. They were not only found crawling on the walls in the restaurant but near the fruits and my spouse was just about to help himself to some cold cuts...they were crawling underneath the meats.

The "Santa Maria" buffet was not operating during lunch; the website stated that the Santa Maria was open for lunches as well. Be prepared to wait a few extra minutes for them to open up at dinnertime. They are usually opened later than the stated time on the internet. The beach bar was closed for 2 days so you can imagine under the hot sun how thirsty we were; we had to walk a long way to reach the pool bar for drinks.

The beach and water is absolutely gorgeous. That was the only pleasureable part of our trip.
This TripAdvisor Member: 

Liked: The beach
Disliked: the cockroaches in the buffet restaurant
Tips/Secrets: Watch out for the cockroaches in the buffet restaurant on the walls and near the foods.




Tomas Estrada-Palma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home