Saturday, August 04, 2007

Boatload of Trouble

Boatload of Trouble

Well I finally got my boat down to Maryland from where I've stored it at my mom's house in West Virginia. I strategically chose the hottest day of the year. My truck ran smooth and quiet in the cool of the night on the way down. Then deceivingly, it ran well pulling the boat, but about an hour down the road I noticed she was running hot. I pulled into the first station and she boiled over. The top radiator hose was hard as granite confirming my suspicions - stuck thermostat. At least I could jerry rig the truck to get it down the road by removing the thermostat and cutting a temporary gasket. But in the heat of the moment with burnt fingertip my gasket was half ass and it block the water passage partially. So the truck never overheated but it ran hot whenever I was pulling uphill. And I don't know how it is possible but it seemed I rode uphill all the way from the mountains of West Virginia down to the shore. I was screaming as my truck chugged up hill getting hotter and hotter, "Jesus! How is it possible there is another hill? How? Tell me God? Please not another hill..." The trip was stressful but I'm back now in case anyone was wondering where the devil I've been. I've been to hell and back. It was hot...

2 Comments:

Blogger Vana said...

LOL Tomas, funny story, but am sure it wasn't so funny while it was happening to you, you are so good with cars, do you own your own mechanic shop? if not you should, do you enjoy working on them? or do it because you have to?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

I'm smiling now that the boat is here but not yesterday. I don't have a shop - just a fleet of cars of my family and friends that I have to keep running.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home