Monday, May 28, 2012

More Proof I'm Obsessive/Compulsive

I have the downspouts flowing into the big koi pond. The wooden fence was the across-the-street neighbor's porch railing. I build things better using free stuff. I look at a pile of old wood or brick and see what it will be. Usually I have to cut very little wood. I can find the piece that fits.
Here are my two peach trees. I've already made 2 qt. of peach salsa, 7 qts. of peach jam, 2 peach pies, started about a gallon of peach wine and as you can see I still need to harvest the peaches on the tree on the right. I had so many peaches they snapped one peach laden branch. I taped it back together and it'll probably be alright.

This is one of my pear trees, now three years old. If you look closely you can see our first two peaches.

There are some peppers in the foreground.

Here is my army surplus air cooled, diesel 10 K generator that I just got to fire up after doing some mending on it. Runs great! I'm looking to get a big tank which will allow me to get diesel delivered right to my house for half the cost since there is no road tax for the fuel meant for a generator. I plan to install a transfer switch and wire it into my house. That's a strawberry patch and potatoes nearby. I've had Soooooo many strawberries. I've put up 7 qts. of strawberry jam, made two enormous strawberry pies and they keep growing and growing. The generator and the trailer it came on cost me about $700 at auction at Government Liquidators.

Those are my thorn-less blackberries. There are lots of them.

That's a nectarine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jeff said...

Nice post which The wooden fence was the across-the-street neighbor's porch railing. It build things better using free stuff. It look at a pile of old wood or brick and see what it will be.Thanks a lot for posting.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

The main reason you want to build with recycled material is the county comes by and sees no new wood and won't tax you. Looks like it's been there for years. I has but across the street.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home