Friday, April 13, 2007

More Shocked Cuba Tourists

More Shocked Cuba Tourists

Traveler Reviews (11-15 of 93)
Language:
Sort by:
Traveler reviews (11-15 of 93) Previous | Next
Traveler rating:
Santiago de Cuba: Gran Caribe Club Bucanero: "Find somewhere else to go"
mrandmrscc, Ontario Mar 12, 2007

My experience with this property took place in:
March, 2007
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? no way!
My ratings for this hotel are:
Value 1
Rooms 3
Location 2
Cleanliness 1
Check in / front desk 1
Service 2
Business service 3

I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Pet owners, Families with teenagers, Tourists

I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Museums / Cultural / Historical sites, Shopping
My age: 25-34

Traveling group: Friends
My visit was for: Other

Found club bucanero on a sell off. Now I know why it was a sell off. Dont go there it is not a good place for food, service and cleanliness. The only thing it had was a view. The al a carte resturant was booked could not get in. The food was lacking in originality and flavor. There was garbage all over the place. The locals get served first at the bar and at the buffet. Find another resort. This was my first vacation to anywhere and I tell you I hope they are not all like this. It was a true dissapointment. 30 people ended up sick on this vacation.


This TripAdvisor Member:
Liked: The people I met
Disliked: The food

_________________________________________

Language:
Sort by:

Santiago de Cuba: Gran Caribe Club Bucanero: "Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
theresaelite, toronto c Mar 12, 2007

My experience with this property took place in:
March, 2007
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? no way!
My ratings for this hotel are:

Value 1
Rooms 1
Location 4
Cleanliness 1
Check in / front desk 1
Service 2
Business service 2

I recommend this hotel for:

I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists

I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Outdoor / Adventure
My age: 35-49
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
My visit was for: Quality time with friends
Bad Service--no towels for 4 days--complain--they don't care

wait/bar staff---service with a smile not here---no service or smile at your table or at the bar--even when you tip!!!

beach---what beach---walk 30 seconds one way walk 30seconds back and you are done walking the beach both ways!!Also bring aqua shoes for you will not be able to even do this-to go into the water for it is not possible to do so without shoes.

water--don't even try--"spring water" yeah right!!! diarrhea for 5 days and counting!!!

Your rep for your tour company will not help for they seem to be working for the hotel not the tour companies.

"Ladies of the night" are just as common there as the tourist especially the entertainers that work there (it was right in our face).

Snorkeling is the only plus here--very beautiful!!

The employees are number 1 there not the tourists!!!

Food ---food poisoning anyone????

I will say the location is beautiful but this does not compensate for the service or lack of it (this does not include the hotel--not beautiful at all except for section 100 to 400).

I have been to Cayo Cocco, Vardero and I have never ever encounterd any problems like this before and if there was a problem the hotel staff or your rep would look after it right away.

This TripAdvisor Member:
Liked: snorkeling
Disliked: wait/bar/reception staff


_______________________________________________

Traveler rating:
Santiago de Cuba: Gran Caribe Club Bucanero: "You want a holiday...this is not the place for you!!!!"
syb1955, brampton Mar 9, 2007

My experience with this property took place in:
March, 2007

What a disappointment!!! I had visited Cuba a year and a half ago, but was in varadero. I decided to try this place because it was very much south and thought it might be different. How i wish i had known how bad it was. There was no beach. The food was the worst i have ever tried to eat. Many many people were sick this week Mar 1-8 2007 .....and many were very ticked at the lack of management here. Many of the guests could not get reservations at the al a carte restaurant, and those who did found out they were shoved out because of a private birthday party. We booked on sunday for wed, and when wed came, they gave us the runaround that there was a communication problem.

Also, service??? If you went to a bar and expected to get served, you better be holding some paper peso's for bartender to see or forget about service. Rooms had ants, noisy a/c, crabs. Lizards all over the place....and snakes....uggghhhh!!!! I wanted a holiday for relaxation ....not a trip through the zoo....I would not recommend this place to anyone.....after 2 days.....i wanna go home.

Look here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home