Wednesday, April 18, 2007

STAY AWAY

STAY AWAY



By A Yahoo! User from Canada

02/06/07
Overall: 2
Service 2
Cleanliness 2
Value 2
Last Visit: 2
February 2007

I Got back Friday Feb 2/07....It took me 4 days to find the energy to write a review because 17 people on our resort got sick. The food is terrible, the hotel needs works, and since its in transition to a new hotel, I think they ALL just don't care. Many of us on the plane back took note that we all got sick, and we were all on our 3rd or fourth day without eating. I got sick the worst with fever, and many others flu symtoms. Please spend the money and get into a real 4* hotel...this place is a dump, and the money is a rip off...we had to go next door to Tuxpan to get a better exchange rate. It is a JOKE, happy to be home in -15C weather.


___________________________________________________
Another Ruined Honeymoon


Traveler rating:
Varadero Beach: Sol Sirenas-Coral Resort: "very bad hotel"
rachmb, Gloucestershire Oct 12, 2006

View larger photo

My experience with this property took place in:
September, 2006
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? no way!
My ratings for this hotel are:
Value 1
Rooms 2
Location 5
Cleanliness 2
Check in / front desk 1
Service 1
Business service 2

I recommend this hotel for:

I do not recommend this hotel for: Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Girlfriend getaway, People with disabilities, Older travelers, Great pool scene, Pet owners, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists
I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Museums / Cultural / Historical sites, Great food / Wine, Shopping, Other
My age: 25-34

Traveling group: Family with young children
My visit was for: Honeymoon

Please Please please do not visit this hotel.. We read the reviews before we booked and some were good and some were bad so we decided to chance it. It was my husbands and mine honeymoon and we decided to take our two young sons with us aged eight and nine. From the moment we got there we were constantly pestered by the restaurant workers and bar staff for our childrens clothes always when we were eating our meals or drinking etc. After four days the childrens new trainers were stolen and were left to wear flip flops for the rest of their stay. When reporting this the staff did not want to know and were very unfriendly towards us. The next day my sons new Liverpool fc shirt was taken from the room. when we complained again they said that threre staff were not thieves perhaps we stole it, they then laughed and glared at us and made us feel very intimidated. The police also did not want to know and discarded us like trash. On our final days we discovered more clothes were missing from our sons ie jeans and t shirts. when complaining for a third time my husband demanded to know why they kept stealing from us and why they kept treating us badly when we complained. Once again they laughed at us and made us feel very intimidated. My husband then told them that he did not like the hotel and couldnt wait to leave their country . They then got angry and told him that he insulted their country and would be locked up in prison for this. Ourselves and other guest overhearing this could not believe it and were disgusted.

Away from the stealing the hotel constantly ran out of drinks especially lager even though the staff were drinking it behind the bars. The food was average but birds were in the clossed buffet restaurant pooing on the tables whilst you ate your meal. they were also always eating the food. when complaining about this nothing was done. The workers expected tips all the time or else they would serve you last, they appeared more interested in the germans and canadians who kept throwing large tips their way. To top thing off all of us caught ear infections from the pool and came home very poorly. I also suffered terrible anxiousness because of the laughing and glaring. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and the people have no respect for the holiday makers who spent good money on this hotel. So please do not go here and have your holiday ruined too.


_______________________________________
I Became Very Ill



Traveler rating:
Paphos: Iberostar Ledra Beach Hotel: "Won't be back"
Irine, scotland Nov 27, 2006

My experience with this property took place in:
October, 2006

I arrived at the Ledra beach with my sister on the fourth of October and stayed 7 nights, so I was still there on the 8th of October. The hotel does not deserve the four star rating. Rooms are very clean and the housemaids are lovely. Ours was an angel. However, the rooms are very shabby and in poor repair with faulty showers and badly done 1970s tiling and corroding plugs in the bathrooms. Four beds, only two of them made up were crammed into our twin room and the chairs and small table shown in the brochure were not here. We had to negotiate our way around very cramped conditions because of the beds. The balcoy furniture was cheap and shabby and the window boxes to the side were empty of plants and full of cigarette stubs. The food was good in the restaurant was good for a buffet and the staff in the restaurant were very nice, especially the manager Michaelis. However, the restaurant itself was lacking in style and servicble rather than pleasant to be in. The receptionists were nice but a bit stand offish, except for one, who was very helpful. There was virtually no evening entertainment and the one 'show' we attended was so crude and in such bad taste that it really put us of. Although the animation team worked hard the 'all inclusive' program was poor. A joke, in fact. We spent more money than we had expected to because we went out in the evening a few times. I became very ill in the early hours of
the eleventh with extreme sickness and diahorrea, the day I was scheduled to go home. I phoned my travel agents nhelp line and was given little assistance except to be told to phone a clinic, pay for treatment and claim it back from my insurance. Big help as I was due to leave. The hotel receptionists would not make eye contact with me as I tried to settle up towel and safe accounts and I became aware that the problem was rife throughout the hotel. In spite of the fine staff I would not in my wildest dreams recommend this hotel to anyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home