Friday, December 14, 2007

That's The Brakes

Sometimes some of our freedom fighters disappear for a short while. Do not think that they have forsaken the Cuban people however. It is just that we have personal things to attend to as well.

For example, my wife took the Toyota up to Sears yesterday after I noticed one of the tires had developed a split in the tread. When she returned she said that she thought my brake light was on and to check to see if the emergency brake was stuck or something. I didn't like the sound of this. I popped the hood and sure enough the brake fluid reservoir was very low. I filled it up and began pumping the brakes. They felt mushy. I notice a pool of fluid under the driver's side forming. So I got my wife to pump the brakes while I looked at this portion of the brake line. As she pumped the brakes I saw the pin-hole leak where Sears crimped the brake line with the hydraulic lift while replacing my tires.

Oh well...it was an honest mistake by Sears. Nonetheless, I had to remove that section of brake line which meant I wasn't going into work last night. I actually had a section of new brake line in the garage but it was only half the length I required so I'll be going out shortly once my wife gets back from her work. I'll buy the brake lines, swing by Sears to show them the line they damaged so they can compensate me for my troubles. I'm going to ask them to give me a free front-end alignment for their mistake.

Sears and I got very lucky that my wife was not killed or injured yesterday. Also, I could have demanded that Sears fix this problem they caused meaning they would have had to have my car towed to Sears, they would have had to spend an hour pulling the old brake line out and an hour putting the new one in. But my point is things happen to us here in America all the time that try to take us away from the fight to Free Cuba from Raul Castro and his gang of tyrants. But we will always be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home