Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So Busy

Sorry I have not been around Cubanos. This is also to alert you that your future will be busy as well. Time is the thing I wish I had more of. When a better paying manager's position opened up recently a co-worker asked if I would apply for the job. I said I would not because I need my time more than money. You on the other hand have plenty of time. You wish time would pass more rapidly. You would like to have more money and less time. You will all have the opportunity in the future to earn more than enough money to live and support your families. But the more money you have the less important it will become to spending quality time with your family and friends. Also, once you are legally allowed to create wealth again for yourselves you will have a boatload of things to spend time on like - a boat. I have a 19 footer and they need constant maintenance. Also, the family cars need constant attention especially as fast as my wife and children can break them. I joke with them about it. After rebuilding the power steering pump on my wife's car last week I told her, "Now don't break anymore of the cars!" In reality, the newest vehicle we have is the 1995 Ford F150 truck and that isn't running real well right now. I think it's the 2 low pressure fuel pumps that are going south on me. So that is another project I have on my plate just waiting for me.

Additionally, my father in-law is here visiting for a couple of weeks from Spain where he lives. Yes he's British like my wife but he's retired in Spain. Those types of family obligations take time. The way I look at my life, it is a four cylinder engine. My engine consists of my home life, work life, my transportation life and nowadays my health. When all four of those cylinders are firing, Tomas is a happy man. But last week I had a couple of vehicles that needed work and Tomas was not quite so happy. The house we are renting and all the land are very nice but it takes lots of upkeep - and that requires time. You have to mow the lawn and rake the leaves. You have to get the leaves out of the rain gutter. Then while you're doing all that a rabid raccoon decides to show up and chase you around your house. You trap it in the garage and call animal control. But they are busy and try to convince you that the coon is probably not rabid and just to let it go and it will wander off. To which we said it has been here all day and won't leave. I don't want my kids to get bit and why let it wander off to die where some other animals might eat the carcass and also get rabies thereby perpetuating the outbreak. I see why we have a large problem with rabies here in the states with the government on the job trying to stop the outbreak with that attitude. They finally did come by to get the little critter but I could not get into the garage where I keep my tools - all day! I had to waste time worry the kids would get rabies.

"Doth thou love life? Then waste not time. For that's the stuff life's made of."
- Benjamin Franklin

Almost fifty years is a lot of time to waste doing nothing. For me, I'd rather be busy than bored any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home