Saturday, August 25, 2007

Un-seaworthy Boat

Un-seaworthy Boat

Sadly, my 19 foot Wellcraft is nice running in the inlets, lakes and rivers but it is not seaworthy for ocean voyages. Hell on a couple occasions when I've ventured out onto the Chesapeake Bay it was a harrowing experience and I made a u-turn then headed back for land. So I'm going to have to ask for a lift to Cuba. I can't very well show up in Cuba empty handed. I want to bring frozen chickens. A lot of them. I want to bring everything you'll find in any decent bathroom here in the states including lots of toilet paper. I have an extra tool set that I want to bring as well. I'll bring some basic plumbing repair supplies and shoes. I'll bring...hey why don't you tell me Cubanos? Post your request right here and I'll compile a list of provisions for the other exiles and myself to bring to you within 48 hours after the fall of the regime. That's because my brother and I will require a day to get down to south Florida as well as some logistical time gathering all of the provisions that you ask for. If I know what you want I can go right to the source when the time comes.

This is why I'm trying to arrange a lift now as well as already having a list of provisions to bring. I suggest the rest of you stateside Cubanos do likewise as your brothers and sisters in Cuba are desperate for supplies. The old government has nothing left to offer Cubans except empty rhetoric and promises which still have no calories and zero taste.

I'm amazed at how many of you come here everyday from Cuba and I admire your courage. Your reward for that courage is just around the corner and includes lots of food and drink! After you have put in your requests all you have to do is...nothing - absolutely nothing. When the junta announces Fidel's death (if they ever do) that is the signal to go to the town and city centers and do nothing until Fidel's remaining gang leaves the country. Some are making plans to leave right now as you read this. The second they abdicate my brother Pat and I will be heading your way. So any Cubans out there with a seaworthy boat who would be willing to give a couple of Cubans a ride?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

I know what you're thinking. Pat! What the hell kind of Cuban name is that? You see my brother Patrick Carroll Estrada-Palma, like me, has an Irish mother. Her maiden name was Carroll. We teased my brother unmercifully as children for having a middle name that sounded like a girl's name. But he lives in Virginia now, has 3 daughters, his wife is Indonesian decent and if you can believe it he's got freaking blue eyes and blond hair - what's left of it anyway that hasn't fallen out or turned gray. Poor sucker didn't get those longevity genes of the Estrada-Palmas like me. As Nelson would say on the Simpsons cartoon, "haa haa!"

8:55 AM  
Blogger Vana said...

Tomas:
You are half Irish? tell me were you born in the States? I commend you my friend, you are half Cuban, yet you act Cuban 100%.
By the way, I too will need a lift to Cuba when the time comes, I live in the West Coast and don't own a boat.
My son is 100% Cuban, he too has blue eyes, inherited from my grandfather on mother's side

1:13 PM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

de Miami

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home