Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tomas Un-American?

One of my wife's friends came across my blog and commented superficially that it seemed un-American. Am I un-American? Let's see.

I'm a Libertarian who has complete faith in the U.S. Constitution so I condemn all politicians who swear an oath to defend and uphold the highest law of the land then completely ignore it. For calling them liars, does that make me un-American?

The men and women who founded this great nation a couple hundred years ago have my deepest respect and admiration. However, "modern" thinkers regularly condemn these tremendous original American citizens looking for all manner of flaws. So I'm the un-American?

I discovered that crimes and high treason have been committed by many of our elected leaders and other government officials. Therefore I condemn the murderous scoundrels. I must be un-American because if this behavior is considered American I want no part of it. I don't suppose I would have been considered a good German either during the Nazi reign.

Some who read this blog may believe I am un-American but I think they have been duped by liars, murderers and thieves who pretend to be Americans. They are the collectivists not me. I have complete faith in individual liberty and self reliance. The real un-Americans are running a slave operation where the slave haven't realized they are enslaved yet. Their masters have the duped ones believing the government is just giving us a cuddle when they are actually tightening our chains.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angel Garzón said...

Some people think that they can read, I beg to differ, just because one can identify the words on a document or blog, does not equate with a capability to read. Tomás un-American or anti-American? PLEASE, learn to read people, LEARN TO READ, PLEASE, for your sake, our sake and the USA's sake. Tomás is a true American patriot, in the same vein as Thomas Jefferson was a patriot. Is Tomás a man ahead of his time? To the contrary, Tomás is a man of our time who has not forgotten the dreams and sacrifices of the founding fathers of this great republic, consider yourselves privileged if you ever meet this patriot, one of the most honest men I've ever known.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

Angel, thanks for your kind words. They were the first words I read today. So I think today will be a good day. Heck! Maybe I'll get those exhaust headers and tranny in today.

Thanks buddy.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Samuel Johnson said, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" and there are many scoundrels out there.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

So true Timur. Great to hear from you my friend. Sorry I've not been around more. I'm fixing cars and trying to buy a house. Take care!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been busy as well trying to get a business going, so my reading blogs, etc. has been sporadic.... Good luck with the car and house.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home