Monday, October 22, 2007

Thanks Ziva!

I might have given up last night on my Blogtalkradio show, Cuba Expose, were it not for Ziva's help. My network has been giving me fits. In fact it just went out again. So today I'm getting another CD drive for my wife's PC and I'll keep searching for the conflict with my network. Also I've got to get some anti-freeze in the cars. My car still needs the thermostat replaced but I'm still waiting for the gasket. I could use a new pair of jeans too as the ones I now own have the knees torn out of them. I suppose I could buy a network card for Andres' computer...

That's how your life will be in the near future, Cubanos. It's not exactly paradise. You have rewards but they come with responsibilities. You will have to go to work and do an honest day's work but you will get to decide how to spend those rewards. But I hate to go shopping to buy myself things...anything! Therefore my secret is to marry a spouse that actually enjoys shopping. That and also online shopping keeps me from fighting the crowds. The Christmas crowds are the worst and it's just around the corner. The point is your time will soon be filled with decision making. Spend you newly acquired free time wisely, amigos.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomas, invest in an external DVD-CD writer and reader combo, one of those which can be used both with the Mac and the PC platforms. It's worth it, and you will keep it once you decide to throw the computer away. If you do not run any Windows specific software in that, and keyboard, monitor, and mouse are in good shape, get yourself a Mac Mini but wait a few more days so you can get it loaded with the MacOSX Leopard. That and a nice external hard drive to keep the information safe is the best thing for fast computing. The computer is small enough that you can unplug it in snap and take it somewhere else.
As per your jeans, well, they are fashionable nowadays. Ask me about old jeans....

12:51 PM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

Whoa amigo... We'll probably have to talk so you can interpret the above into non tech English.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomás, you're welcome but I don't feel like I did anything really. At first I thought my connection was bad. Keep up your good work, and pressure on the tyrant.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home