Thursday, February 15, 2007

Castro Divides Families


Castro Divides Families

My family has purposely been separated by Fidel Castro. This is the main strategy he has used to maintain his death grip on power. Unfortunately for Fidel, time and technology have conspired against him. The Internet and the computer revolution, besides providing Cubans with the tools to free Cuba, has slowly begun to reconnect families cruelly ripped apart by Castro. For example, my cousin Elpidio Estrada. I always knew there must be an entire branch of my family, the Estrada's, which I had never met. Then a few years back I contacted Emiliano Antunez to offer help with his political efforts. He responded by saying, "Tomas, I believe we are cousins." After a bit of investigation I learned that, like Elpidio, he is from the Estrada branch of the family. My great grandfather died in their great grandfather's house. They were first cousins. Elpidio and Emiliano are just now learning about each other. They both live in south Florida too.

So Castro you suck! You suck at everything including separating families. You have squandered your nation to keep us apart but that will now rapidly fall apart. I ask that anyone who thinks they may be related to me to please contact me. Between your information, my known relatives' knowledge and what I know we can figure out if we're relatives or will remain just friends. Elpidio was a bit tentative to contact me until he was sure. But the rest of you Estrada's and Palma's and Estrada-Palma's and Antunez's and whatever countless other married names you may have - please contact me now. I will be put off if you DO NOT do so. In the mean time here is my cousin Elpidio. He looks like a real decent man and I look forward to the day when we can meet face to face along with the rest of our family.








Tomás Estrada-Palma

2 Comments:

Blogger Val Prieto said...

Tomas,

My padrino's name is Ismael Estrada, hijo de Emiliano Estrada, QEPD.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Tomás Estrada-Palma said...

This Internet machine IS and incredible thing!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home